Microsoft is reportedly working on a program that will allow brands to display ads within free-to-play Xbox video games. According to anonymous sources for Insider, advertisements, for example, could appear on digital billboards in racing games, so users should not be bothered to play.
Moreover, sources familiar with the situation say that Microsoft is particularly concerned that the ads could irritate players, so the plan is to build a “private marketplace” so that the company allows only selected brands in its program.
It also states that Microsoft does not intend to take part of the advertising revenue, but will instead allow developers and advertising companies to share the profits. It is speculated that the company thus wants to provide developers with another way to make money, which would ultimately encourage them to create even more free-to-play titles on the platform.
Microsoft has not confirmed these plans.
“We’re always looking for ways to improve the gaming and developer experience, but we have nothing more to share,” a company spokesman told Insider. It should be noted that sources claim that free-to-play video game commercials will appear as early as the third quarter of this year.
- You have less than a month to upgrade if you are using this version of Windows
- How to restore the display of dislikes on YouTube?
- When working from home, the workday has triple peak activities
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 series may have a “Pro” version
- Microsoft has finally made it easier to change the default browser