The Huawei press conference at the annual technical event MWC 2022 brought us a lot of new devices, including a new E-Ink tablet that will be a competitor to the Kindle and a brand new audio device.
Huawei Sound Joy is the company’s first portable Bluetooth speaker – of course, it used to work on audio products, but it was headphones or stationary devices.
This is the company’s attempt to break into our list of the best Bluetooth speakers, a list dominated by Sonos products such as Sonos Roam. Here are some interesting specifications:
- 8,800mAh battery – Huawei promises that this will last 26 hours between charges.
- Multi-color ring on HUAWEI Sound Joy
- Certified to IP67 water resistance
- 79 dBA @ 2 m Devialet 2-way speaker system
- 40 W super-fast charging lets you power up on the fly, for a whole hour of playback from a short 10-minute charge.
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Auto-discovery feature. Just bring your phone, tablet, or laptop near HUAWEI Sound Joy, and tap the pop-up window on your device to connect
- Voice Assistant Pod – Press the voice assistant button to activate your phone’s smart voice assistant for memos, reminders, information inquiries, and more.