Despite being almost a decade old, the Grand Theft Auto V game continues to sell well.
As part of Take-Two Interactive’s recent financial report, it was announced that since 2013, GTA V has sold more than 165 million copies. This makes the GTA franchise as big almost as the Mario Kart franchise.
Take-Two Interactive pointed out that during the last fiscal quarter, GTA V sold another five million copies. This is proof that this time game continues the constant rhythm of successful sales.
Although GTA V is not expected to surpass Minecraft’s record sales (238 million copies), the game alone can be compared to titles such as Sonic the Hedgehog (145 million), Madden NFL (130 million), Zelda (126 million). or NBA 2K (118 million).
After the next quarter, GTA V is expected to overtake Mario Kart and the Final Fantasy franchise, which have sold 166 and 168 million copies so far.
- How durable is Steam Deck? (VIDEO)
- TikTok is testing games as part of its application
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout game for free
- Artle – New Game For Art Lovers
- EA merges Codemasters Cheshire and Criterion Games to shape future for Need For Speed
- Total War Warhammer III game exclusively available for Apple M1 chips