Although the contribution of the mobile market is often forgotten, it continues to maintain its status as the largest sector in the video game segment.
A good example of this is the popular game Genshin Impact, which according to official statistics earned over three billion dollars on mobile platforms alone.
Genshin Impact is one of the biggest “gacha” games currently available. The title was released on September 28, 2020, and the game was an immediate success, earning over $ 100 million in the first two weeks of its release.
This fast earnings rate does not seem to have stopped, and as Gamesindustry.biz and the analytical company Sensor Tower report, Genshin Impact has earned more than three billion dollars or about a billion dollars every six months since its announcement.
In addition, Genshin grew by 44 percent year-on-year during the first quarter of 2022. The game achieved good results on both PC and PlayStation platforms. Total earnings are more than $ 3.7 billion on all platforms (data as of November 2021; statistics for 2022 are not available).
This is another indication that there is enough space in the market for mobile platforms and consoles / PCs to coexist, without developers having to completely switch to one of the platforms.
- You can now iCloud Lock your AirPods
- Gold iPhone 14 Pro looks amazing (VIDEO)
- New details about the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
- The iPhone 14 series could come with satellite connectivity options in an emergency
- Significant improvements are coming in iOS 16
- Could the iPhone 15 arrive with a periscope camera?
- iPhone 14: another new leaks
- Apple Watch 6 blank screen free repair