The American business magazine Forbes once again made a review of the richest people in an area, and this time they dealt with the rich from the domain of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Their list of people who are “heavy” for more than a billion dollars this year includes 19 names, which is seven more than last year’s list.
Among the new members of the “crypto billionaires club” are those who deal with Web3 technology and, as expected, NFT, but at the top of the list are still the leading people of the world’s major cryptocurrency exchanges – Binance, FTX, and Coinbase.
65 BILLION FOR THE FIRST PLACE
The richest person in the world, when it comes to assets acquired in the cryptocurrency market, is Changpeng Zhao, a 44-year-old Canadian citizen, majority owner, and director of the Binance exchange office. His fortune is estimated at $65 billion. In addition to ownership of the exchange office, his assets also consist of some bitcoin and Binance’s own BNB coin. With this wealth, Zhao also “pushed” into the overall Forbes list of world billionaires, in the high 19th place.
Below is the full list, with the sources of the property and the estimated wealth of the people on the Forbes list:
1. Changpeng Zhao, Binance, $65 billion
2. Sam Bankman-Fried, FTX, $24 billion
3. Brian Armstrong, Coinbase, $6.6 billion
4. Gary Wang, FTX, $5.9 billion
5. Chris Larsen, Ripple, $4.3 billion
6. Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, bitcoin, $4 billion each
8. Song Chi-hyung, Upbit, $3.7 billion
9. Barry Silbert, Digital Currency Group, $3.2 billion
10. Jed McCaleb, Ripple, Stellar, $2.5 billion
11. Nikil Viswanathan and Joseph Lau, Alchemy, $2.4 billion each
13. Devin Finzer and Alex Atallah, OpenSea, $2.2 billion
15. Fred Ehrsam, Coinbase, $2.1 billion
16. Kim Hyoung-nyon, Upbit, $1.9 billion
17. Michael Saylor, MicroStrategy, $1.6 billion
18. Matthew Roszak, bitcoin, $1.4 billion
19. Tim Draper, bitcoin, $1.2 billion
- Metaverse, NFT, cryptocurrencies? Most don’t know what it’s all about and don’t want to spend their money on it
- The NFT craze is fading?
- Only 2 million bitcoins remain for mining
- What are the benefits of bitcoin payments?